Terms and Conditions for Touring/Vehicle Hire – Plan B Events
(These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice and such change shall become effective and shall govern from the date of its revision. We will endeavour to keep the terms and conditions on this website up to date but for a full and exact version please contact us directly by phone or email.)
The Lessor (Plan B Events) agrees to let out and the Hirer (You) agrees to hire the vehicle together with the equipment and documents listed in the Contract. Reference to ‘the Hirer’ in this agreement shall include any other person authorized by the Lessor to drive the vehicle during the period of hire, other than an agent of the Lessor. The following terms and conditions apply:
1. The Hirer agrees to pay the rental for the period of hire and return the vehicle to the agreed location at the end of the period. If the vehicle is returned late one day’s rental will be paid by the Hirer for each 24 hours or part thereof that the vehicle is late. Additional payment terms:
1.1. (Sleeper Bus only) After initial deposit and instalments all accounts must be settled in full in cash at the end of the penultimate show/event unless otherwise arranged with Plan B Events.
1.2. Trailer supplement for the driver and Pd’s must be paid in cash on a daily basis or weekly in advance unless otherwise prearranged with Plan B Events.
1.3. (Sleeper Bus only) Any distance over 450 miles between venues within a 24 hour period and with a trailer will require a ‘double driver’. This will incur additional charges including trailer supplement and Pd’s. A distance of 500 miles or over with or without a trailer will also require a ‘double driver ‘.
1.4. (Self-Drive only) Delivery and collection of the vehicle can be arranged at an agreed extra cost.
1.5. Overdue payments will be charged at 10% per day on the total invoice amount.
Booking and Deposit
2. If booking in advance, a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total hire rental will be required, payable on booking, with a further 40% payable 48 hours prior to pickup. A schedule for payment of the balance of 40% will then be arranged.
Please note: the Lessor will use its best endeavours to supply the particular vehicle booked but reserves the right to supply, without prior notice to the Hirer, an alternative vehicle as close as possible to the booked vehicle’s specifications if, for any reason, the booked vehicle is unavailable at the start of the rental period.
2.1. (Self-drive only) A £1000 damage deposit is required in cash or paid to Plan B Events by bank transfer on collection of the vehicle. A minimum of £500 will be charged for any body or trim damage including to lights, bumpers, steps, tow bar, mirrors, front grille, wheels, trims and vehicle glass/windscreen.
2.2. (Self-drive only) Before vehicle collection a full valid UK driving licence (see Driving Qualifications below) and 2 recent utility bills will be required as evidence of the Hirer’s eligibility and address.
Liability and Extra Costs
3. Your hire vehicle is regularly serviced and maintained but the Lessor will not accept liability for any losses suffered by the Hirer as a result of breakdown or any mechanical fault, including as a result of not being able to honour any contractual obligations during the hire period other than by agreement between the Lessor and Hirer. In addition:
3.1. (Sleeper Bus only) In the case of a delayed departure on bus call due to lateness of passengers, Plan B Events will not be held responsible for late arrival at destination. A late departure means a late arrival and the EU Drivers hours regulations will be adhered to by the letter. The driver will start his duty time anticipating departure at the scheduled time. The driver must be informed of the departure time prior to starting their daily rest so at the latest 1600 hrs local time.
3.2 In the event of contraband or illegal substances or clandestine persons being discovered within the vehicle or in baggage (including trailer), with a subsequent delay and/or financial penalty, the Hirer will be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred as a result.
3.3 Personal Belongings – Plan B Events will not be held liable or responsible for loss or damage of any description of personal belongings or equipment. It is the responsibility of the hirer to insure their own goods for transit.
3.4 We the company are not liable for loss or damage to personal possessions or items left on any of our vehicles, at any time, nor are we liable for any costs associated with the return of such items or personal possessions.
3.5 In addition, items travelling in our trailer or in the vehicle storage area are are not insured by ourselves and unless they are damaged by ourselves we cannot accept responsibility for their loss or damage. You will need to obtain suitable insurance for these items.
4. (Self-drive only) The Lessor and Hirer will together check the condition and contents of the vehicle at the start of the hire period and the vehicle will be returned, together with all its equipment, contents and documents to the location agreed between the Hirer and Lessor and on the date agreed, in the same condition as at the beginning of the hire period. Vehicles returned in an untidy or dirty condition will be subject to a £50 cleaning surcharge.
4.1. Under no circumstances can any equipment be stored inside the vehicle accommodation area. Personal luggage only is to be stored in designated areas: the aisle, walkway and emergency exits must be kept clear at all times.
4.2. No smoking of any description including vapour cigarettes are permitted in the vehicle. Should this occur there will be a minimum of £500.00 cleaning charge plus any rental time lost.
4.3. (Sleeper Bus only) Where a generator is fitted to the vehicle this is intended for emergency use only. If no mains power is supplied to the vehicle there will be a £20.00 per hour charge for using the generator for a maximum of 4 hours. If the vehicle is stationary and no power is supplied within 4 hours the vehicle must be vacated and alternative accommodation provided by the Hirer.
4.4. Any damage to the vehicle or its contents/fixtures and fittings will be charged to the Hirer.
5. (Self-drive only) The Hirer must be the holder of a full driving licence permitting him or her to drive the vehicle hired in any country which it is intended to enter during the period of hire. The Hirer must also be over 25 years of age and have passed a driving test before 1997, or hold a category D1 licence.
Loss of Documents
6. (Self-drive only) The Hirer will pay for any contents or documents that are not returned with the vehicle and for any damage or loss suffered to the vehicle or its contents, whether caused by the fault of the Hirer or not, during the period of the hire which the Lessor cannot recover from its insurers.
7. (Self-drive only) The vehicle will be hired out and the Hirer will return it with a full tank of diesel; in default the Hirer will be charged at £2.00 per litre to refill the tank.
Damage (Self-drive only)
8. The Lessor will check the level of oil and water at or prior to the start of the hire period and any loss or damage caused by lack of oil and/or water during the hire period will be the responsibility of the Hirer, including any losses suffered by the Hirer as a result of being unable to meet any of his contractual obligations.
8.1. If the engine of the vehicle is damaged or destroyed whilst in the possession of the Hirer and said damage is a direct result of negligence on behalf of the Hirer (which will be established by an independent source), the Hirer will be responsible for the full cost of repairing the damage or of replacing the engine.
8.2. Windscreen, window, tyre or wheel damage is the responsibility of the Hirer and will be deducted from the excess (see clause 11 below).
Restrictions of Use
9. The vehicle will not be used:
9.1. To carry goods in contravention of customs regulations or for any other illegal purpose. In the event of the vehicle being impounded or otherwise taken out of the possession or control of the Hirer or Lessor as a result of a breach of this condition the Hirer shall continue to pay the rental until such time as the vehicle is returned to the Lessor’s possession together with the cost of repair of any damage caused as a result of the breach which is not covered by the Lessor’s insurance policy.
9.2. To carry passengers or property for consideration, express or implied.
9.3. To propel or tow any vehicle or trailer without the consent of the Lessor.
9.4. In motor sports, including racing, pace-making, rallying, reliability trials and speed testing.
9.5. For purposes of tuition.
9.6. By any person driving when unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed by the Road Traffic Acts.
9.7. By any person other than:
9.7.1. The Hirer or any person(s) nominated or employed by the Hirer who is approved by the Lessor, is at least 25 years of age or older or who has been pre-approved by the Lessor’s insurer if under 25, is duly qualified and holds and has held a current valid full driving licence for at least one year; or
9.7.2. In the case of breakdown or accident, a motor vehicle repairer provided that he is duly qualified and licensed.
9.8. To carry a number of persons and/or equipment which would cause the vehicle to be overloaded or which exceeds any individual axle plated weights which may be applicable or so as to render the vehicle unsafe or illegal. The current overall gross permissible weight is 4,600 kgs.
9.9. To tow a trailer such that the combined train weight exceeds 4,600 kgs where the vehicle is used by the Hirer for ‘Hire and Reward’ therefore requiring the use of Tachograph equipment which is not fitted to the vehicle
9.10. Outside the UK without the permission of the Lessor.
Legal Costs and Fines
10. The Hirer is personally liable to pay the Lessor on demand:
10.1. The additional fee for one-way rental service, if any, as specified overleaf or, if vehicle is left elsewhere than at the agreed return location without the Lessor’s consent a fee as stated on the current rate folder per mile from the renting location where left.
10.2. All fines and court costs for parking, traffic, congestion charge or other offences, whether motor or other (plus an administration charge of £20 per offence), incurred during the hire period unless as a result of the act or omission of the Lessor.
10.3. The Lessor’s costs, including reasonable legal fees where permitted by law, incurred collecting payments due from Hirer hereunder and
10.4. (Self-drive only) The Lessor’s costs to repair collision or upset damages to the vehicle provided. However, if the vehicle is operated in accordance with all the terms hereof, the Hirer’s liability for such damage shall not exceed the excess stated on the hire agreement, with the exception of damage caused to vehicles with a height in excess of six feet due to striking overhead or low structures which shall at all times remain the liability of the Hirer and clauses 8.1 and 9.1 above.
10.5. Value Added Tax and all other taxes (if any) payable on the aforesaid items.
11. There will be a minimum of £250.00 excess charge on any loss or damage to the vehicle or fixtures and fittings, including internal fixtures, fittings and furniture.
11.1 The Hirer agrees that they are liable to pay the excess detailed in the event that the Lessor’s vehicle and/or third party vehicle(s) and/or the Lessor’s property and/or third party property is damaged. The Hirer agrees that liability is to be decided at the sole discretion of the Lessor’s insurer.
Claims and Insurance (Self-drive only)
12. The Hirer and any authorized user, as described in Paragraph 3 above, participate as an insured under an automobile insurance policy, a copy of which is available for inspection by Hirer at the headquarters office of Lessor. If the Hirer so elects he will comply with the terms and conditions of the said policy and, in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing will, in the event of an accident in which he or the vehicle is involved will:
12.1. Obtain names and addresses of all parties involved
12.2. Not admit liability or guilt or give money to any persons involved
12.3. Not abandon the vehicle without adequate provision for safeguarding and securing same
12.4. Call the Lessor by telephone (transfer charge) even in case of slight damage; further completing Lessor’s accident report, including diagram as required on return of vehicle and;
12.5. Notify the police immediately if another party’s guilt or liability has to be ascertained, or if any person is injured.
12.6. Do nothing to render the policy invalid or voidable
13. The Hirer hereby releases and indemnifies the Lessor from and against any liability for loss or for damage to any property (including costs relating thereto) left, stored or transported by the Hirer or any other person in or upon the vehicle before or after return of the vehicle to the Lessor.
14. The Lessor whilst taking all precautions and using its best efforts to prevent such happening shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any fault or defect in or from mechanical failure of the vehicle of any consequential loss or damage including the loss by the Hirer of any performance or other fee suffered as a result of a failure to honour any contractual obligations as a result of such defect in or mechanical failure.
Safety and Security
15. The Hirer agrees to always lock the vehicle when not in use.
15.1 In the case of a driver and vehicle being supplied by Plan B Events, the driver will have the final decision on whether it is safe to continue a journey according to road/weather conditions. Admission and use of the vehicle by passengers is at the discretion of the driver, if the passenger appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs of any kind or exhibits aggressive or anti social behaviour. This is in the interest of the safety and comfort of the other passengers. Plan B Events will make no provision for the onward or return travel for passengers ejected from the vehicle.
15.2. Secure parking must be organised and paid for by the Hirer unless otherwise prearranged by Plan B Events.
15.3. Under no circumstances can any extra passengers be accommodated on any journey. Only 9 passengers as a maximum. All passengers must sleep in the bunks allocated and under no circumstances should anyone sleep in the lounge area.
16. Where no catering is supplied a supplement agreed by Plan B Events must be paid to drivers each day including travel days. In the case that a hotel is provided for the passengers, for example on a ‘day off’, the driver or drivers must be accommodated in the same star-rated hotel or similar nearby. A hotel ‘BUYOUT’ can be arranged for the drivers at the discretion of Plan B Events.
17. All tolls, fuel and any charges including parking in former Eastern Block countries and Russia are not included and must be paid by tour manager/hirer in local currency. There will also be a charge for extra insurance cover in these countries.
Alterations to Agreement
18. Any addition or alteration to these terms and conditions shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by the parties. The Hirer agrees that the data shown overleaf may be stored, processed and transmitted electronically by the Lessor. That this agreement be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
19. In the event of a booking being cancelled by the Hirer within 14 days of the beginning of the proposed rental period, the Lessor reserves the right to charge not more than 50% of the total hire rental. In the event of a booking being cancelled with no more than 48 hours notice, the Lessor reserves the right to charge 100% of the total hire rental.
19.1. In the event of a booking being cancelled by the Hirer after commencement and before the end of the proposed rental period, the Lessor reserves the right to charge a minimum of 75% of the total hire rental.
Please Note: Plan B Events is a trading name of Shuudda Cuudda Wuudda Ltd. Company Reg No: 09928767